Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fabulous 1950's Wallpapers

There are some fantastic 1950's inspired wallpapers at the moment, which I am just loving this whole revival trend. I thought I would put together some favourites of mine....

Mini Moderns have some fantastic designs. I particularly love this new nautical theme wallpaper called 'Whitby'. Inspired by the 1950'5 linocuts, this design really captures the essence of being at sea. The colourways shown below are gorgeous...



Another design that I adore from Mini Moderns is the 'Festival' range. Celebrating the 1951 Festival of Britain, this is perfect for the coming up of the 60th anniversary in May. This design features highlights of the 1951 exhibition. A cute wallpaper with the iconic Skylon, the Dome of Discovery and the Royal Festival Hall. I personally think it is adorable.


I also love Sanderson's 1950's prints. A particular favourite of mine is the 'Mobiles' design by Marian Mahler which has made a comeback in four colourways in their wallapers and fabric designs. Such a fun and playful design.


Some other Sanderson favourites of mine are the 'Portobello' and the 'Miro' range as shown below. Such a unique vast collection, totally inspiring.


I am also particularly drawn to the Miss Print wallpaper designs. Some have such a 1950's feel to them and great colourways that they are just simply gorgeous. So many favourites that I will cut it down to just a few. My favourite design is 'Little Trees', this is such a lovely whimsical design with a real organic feel to it. Available in Five colourways.


Other favourites are the 'Dandelion Mobile' and the 'Muscat Small' design. With a gorgeous feel good factor and in many colours to choose from they are simply divine.


Bright, bold & beautiful, spring is really here :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...