Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Book Review: Decorate

A while ago I mentioned about my exciting press breakfast with Holly Becker and how I managed to get my hands on her brand new book Decorate. Well it's officially due for release in a couple of days, 24th March to be precise and so I wanted to share with all of you what I actually thought of it.

As most of you know I am a huge fan of Holly and her blog Decor8, she was one of my inspirations behind the idea of starting my own blogging journey, so she is someone I really look up to and admire a great deal (and she also happens to be an exceptional nice person too!) I obviously had great expectations of this book and so I was incredibly excited when I received a copy of 'Decorate'. Well it certainly did not disappoint in the slightest, in fact it's even better than I had imagined, if that could be possible.


This is by far one of my favourite interior books that I have read in a long time. co-authored by Joanna Copestick, this book  beautifully translates Holly’s passion and enthusiasm for interiors, in which she has a fabulous creative eye that never fails her and it certainly shows in this book. ‘Decorate’ has become one of my ultimate favourite reads, brimming with inspiration I find myself unable to put it down. Full of beautiful decorative images and showcasing some stylish homes it is packed with fantastic tips on placing furniture, how to style a room and adding that extra individual style without breaking the bank. I love it how there is such a vast of selection of styles from natural & fleamarket style to modern glamour and eclectic.


There is also great creative advice from some of my favourite designers, Jonathan Adler, Abigail Ahern and Vincent wolf to name a few. The book itself is just sublime and the photography from Debi Treloar is stunning. I really do highly recommend this book as it basically is beautiful, inspirational, informative and just simply gorgeous. You couldn't expect any less from Holly :)

You can order your copy on Amazon here.

All images from Decorate by Debi Treloar except top right on first image is Holly Becker's own, bottom left on top image is my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...