Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still blogging...

I wasn't particularly well on Friday night and spent all of it awake so at five o'clock I got up and started blogging and reading blogs. I am try to limit myself to half an hour in the morning and half an hour at night. It was half past six before I realised I'd not only spent an hour and half reading blogs but I hadn't even had my morning coffee or tea. It's coffee if I make it or tea if Partner-who-loves-tea or Son-who-watches-films are about. The latter is usually up at night and asleep by day but it was his birthday on Friday and he was out all night at a friend's house. He so rarely leaves our house that worrying about him probably contributed to my wakefulness. Yes, I know he's 24 but.....

At seven I was still blogging...

Ten past seven Partner-who-loves-tea rolled out of bed, I was still reading blogs.

There are so many creative folk out – not just their writing but their art. I just loved this half finished painting by Silke at Metamorphosis. You can also see the finished work (which lives up to its promise) on the same blog.


Half-past seven and I was given a call that the kettle had boiled... bye bye blogs!



And now for something completely different....


This sculpture, created in 2000 by Noah Rose, was designed to show the the interplay between new urban development and the historic Cammell Laird shipyard in Birkenhead on Merseyside.


The sculpture was inspired by the ribs of a ship's hull but with the hull itself missing. The composition – of 7 interdependent forms totalling 9m x 4.5m x 3m - changes as the viewer moves around its site, bowing down under the weight of history or unfurling towards a hopeful future. He made the piece of plasma-cut, welded and polished Stainless Steel in his studio with the help of assistant Palli Kristjansson.


So many gadgets designed to help in the kitchen are less than helpful and so much trouble to clean that doing the job the traditional way is easier. One of Richard's birthday presents is the opposite. It's really easy to use and clean.

It can either core and cut a pineapple into rings or into wedges and it leaves the outer husk available for making pretty fruit salad bowl designs....


(Available from Lakeland and no, I'm not being paid to advertise it; I'm just impressed!!)


That's about all for now. I've got lots to do before Partner-who-drinks-tea gets home from work (she has students almost every Sunday). And as we all know...


Have a good day...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...