Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

London Marathon 2012 Wk 17: Gotham City and the Roding Way

Run of the week was on Saturday - 1 hr 50 minutes. It was a lovely, bright and quite warm day. The picture (right) is from a 2009 walk on a similar route that I posted upon here. I have a problem with my camera which means that I cannot download photos at this moment.  Double click to bring
up detail but it is striking to see the Canary Wharf high rise office blocks from across Wanstead flats.

After the flats then I went along the Roding Way then after 50 minutes, I came off and ended up at Hermon Hill, Wanstead. I then went via Snaresbrook (A cheery UNISON branch secretary walking by recognised me and said "Hello John"), past Eagle Pond and through Leyton Flats, Bush Wood and then back home. A really good run but while my Achilles heal is much, much better I now have a "niggle" with my left knee. hmmm.

I am running the London marathon in April 2012 while sort of using the official advanced training programme and will be raising funds for a homeless charity for Young People called "Alone in London". Click here to sponsor me on the Justgiving website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...