Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Nick TV Minute: National Wear Red Day Satellite Media Tour and a Mood Fabrics Run-In With Daniel Vosovic!


National Wear Red Day Recap--Part One!

Sitting Red: Nick Verreos getting ready for his 8-hour Satellite Media Tour last Thursday promoting National Wear Red Day and American Heart Association's Go Red For Women

Last week, I flew to NYC to co-co-host with actress Elizabeth Banks and attorney, TV personality (and DIVA) Star Jones, a FAB and worthwhile event for National Wear Red Day and American Heart Association's Go Red For Women cause, at Macy's Herald Square. I was there to raise awareness of heart disease and inspire women (and men too!) to WEAR RED and of course, show everyone the different ways of how to wear red.

The big event was on Friday of last week--since Friday was National Wear Red Day--but I arrived on Tuesday to "settle in", do an all-day Satellite Media Tour--or "SMT" as they are called in the industry--as well as take part in a Twitter Party (my FIRST Twitter Party EVER!!) for Go Red. My time in NYC was AMAZING and the event was INCREDIBLE. I'll do a full Recap here on the big day last Friday, but for now, here's what I did on the days leading up to it:

My NYC Home--for a week: The Yotel NYC

After I arrived and checked into the wonderful (and very Virgin America-esque) Yotel New York City in the newly-trendy area of Hell's Kitchen ("HK" as my NY Gays say), I got right to work. I had some business meetings for a possible future Nick Verreos "diffusion" line of dresses that happened to be in THE SAME building where Mood Fabrics is. My partner-in-NIKOLAKI-crime David Paul, said "Oh, I've never been to Mood NY...can we stop by?" Done and done. Well, as I gave him a tour of my old Project Runway fabric stomping grounds (and as I began to get stomach pains just thinking about running around in that place back in 2005), I heard a "Oh No You Didn't!" from someone standing in line to buy fabrics...

Mood Buddies: Nick Verreos and Daniel Vosovic reunite at Mood Fabrics NYC

It was Daniel Vosovic, my Season 2 bestie! I just about fell right there on the Mood floor...no seriously, I almost fell!! What are the chances that I go to Mood Fabrics NY (I had not been back since I did my season of Project Runway) and that I run into a fellow Project Runway designer and not just any but one from my season--and one of my roommates no less!

The following day, it was an early wake up call, since I was to be on set for my SMT's at 5:30 AM. I did about 35 TV and Radio interviews in English and Spanish (Go Red Por Tu Corazon!) for various Morning TV News Shows across the Nation including Philadelphia, Nashville, Atlanta, Seattle, Tulsa and many many others.

Heart Love: Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum and Nick Verreos, on the set of the National Wear Red Day/Go Red For Women Satellite Media Tour, NYC

My fellow "Co-Pilot" for the Satellite Media Tour was Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, attending cardiologist and the Director of the Heart and Vascular Institute of Lennox Hill Hospital in New York City. She was there to educate the audience about the dangers of heart disease and how it is the No. 1 killer of women and talk about ways to prevent it.

Macy's Red Dresses from Alfani, I.N.C. and Charter Club, available exclusively at Macy's

And I was there to show women how they could raise awareness by Wearing Red and showing three beautiful dresses available at Macy's. The dresses were all red, of course, from Alfani, I.N.C. and Charter Club, and all for under $100 with 10% of the sale of each dress going to the American Heart Association.

Nick's "Go Red For Women" Goddesses: Eva, Tamara and Shermane

Joining us on the segments--to show off these dresses--were my "Nick Go Red Goddesses": Eva, Tamara, and Shermane, three women whose lives have been impacted by heart disease. I LOVED these three women, not only for their courage, their survival and struggles, but also because they were unshakeable in their energy and unconditional warmth. Oh, and did I mention I bow to them for having to stand in them heels for HOURS through all our TV interviews!! We had a great time sharing the National Wear Red Day love and educating people on heart disease as well as giving one or two Go Red fashion tips!

Click Below to Watch a segment we shot with CBS Atlanta 46:




Click HERE for the segment we did with WTKR News Channel 3 CBS Affiliate in Virginia

Click HERE for the segment we did with FOX 23 "Great Day Green Country" Tulsa Oklahoma

The Following Morning...

Red & Ready: Here I am the day after--on Friday--at my hotel room, dressed and ready for National Wear Red Day at Macy's Herald Square in NYC

Up Next: My Recap of National Wear Red Day and the Go Red For Women DASH at Macy's Herald Square with Elizabeth Banks and Star Jones!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...