Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Poor Jo has gone back to work so it's just me and my computer today. Richard being asleep in his den at the moment.

I was short of a blog topic this morning but I felt I really ought to let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking (at least today's heart scan says I'm alive and if I find who has taken the sellotape from its rightful place again there might be a kicking!). I had this bright idea. I thought I would put "blog ideas" into Google and see what came up.

How about the list which included "Social Media Marketing vs Traditional Marketing", "If I Worked for a Venture Capital Firm","The Difference Between Fark and Truemors", "Ning Sites I Like and Why". Fark? Truemors?? Ning??? I'm obviously in a different world.

Tried another one...
"Use PLR Articles - PLR stands for Private Label Rights which means you buy a set of articles in your niche for a few dollars and then change that article to suit you writing style." You writing style??

And a third which gave me - "Create a post that incorporates the words, 'desperate' and 'futile'." The answer - I don't think I'm desperate enough to continue with this futile exercise!!!

So what can I tell you about the first few days of the New Year? I have mainly been reading, sitting by the fire watching episodes of 'Downton Abbey' and researching a book I am writing. It is set in 1874 so I am finding out all I can about life in those days. Great fun. The problem, as Canadian Chickadee will confirm, is not so much in the writing as in the effort of pushing it around to prospective agents / publishers. That is the difficult, boring and tiresome bit. In the meantime, I am happily doing the fun bit - writing it.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...