Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

The London Olympics 2012




The Great British Olympics start today.  London 2012 is here at last.   The Opening Ceremony will be watched by more people than any previous event on earth – at least that’s what folk say and who am I to argue.  I love the Opening Ceremony with its colour, movement and the introduction iof athletes from so many countries walking proudly behind their flags.  A mixture of jingoism and tremendous camaraderie in the spirit of sport. Sport which, for once, does not involve the players in earning millions for simply kicking a ball, or whatever.  A lot of the countries are places which are only a name to me and, I’m ashamed to say, I forget until the next Olympics.

People across the country have tried to get involved in the Olympics in one way or another.  Some of the schools on Lewis have created posters which are proudly displayed around the town.



I hope you enjoy the Games or some aspect thereof.  Whether you like sport or not I suspect even "Bah Humbug" folk like GB will find something positive and enjoyable in them.  I hope so....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...