Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's Not To Be For Nur Suryani




LONDON, July 29 (Bernama) -- "Maybe it's not my time yet. Baby is okay only that when I was about to start shooting, it kicked around a little bit," said Nur Suryani Mohd Taibi on her performance in the ranking round of the Women's individual 10m Air Rifle shooting competition in the 2012 London Olympics which kicked off here Saturday.

Nur Suryani who is eight months pregannt collected 392 points overall to finish in 34th position out of 56 shooters in the event held at he Royal Artillery Barracks here.

However, she was satisfied with the score as her personal target had been 390 points.

"My best score so far is 397. As I had only aimed for 390 points, I did not expect to surpass my target," she said.

Though she missed qualifying for a shot at a medal, Nur Suryani remains a focus of press attention of this Olympics in view of her competing in this late stage of pregnancy.

She will return to Malaysia next Wednesday.

From Zulhilmi Supaat -- BERNAMA




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...