Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another Rambling Post


 According to this advert –


Is the home of the original Stornoway black pudding.

 But then according to this adjacent advert on the Stornoway guide –


Is the home of the original Stornoway black pudding'

  But we all know Charley Barley’s -


Is not only the home of the original, original Stornoway Black Pudding but also the best!

The garden centre and pet shop in Stornoway usually has some interesting reptiles.  The other day it was a Painted Dragon.



Is there any better sight than a parent reading to their child?  I just love to see it.  And this little boy was listening with rapt attention.


Having got myself and my postcard collection settled in at GB’s I resumed my Postcrossing this weekend.  Postcards are going to Austria, China, Finland, the USA and all over the place.  I wonder where they will come back from?

One of the things that so appeals to me about the Isle of Lewis is that there are such big skies.  Nowhere does one feel hemmed in. And usually there are wonderful cloud effects.



On Sunday we went round to Briagha’s.  Oh yes, the people she controls were there as well…


Misha has slightly less control over them…  “Excuse me, I’m waiting to get in!”

 

“Are you not going to open this window for me?”



“Pray let me in!”

 
“Is no one going to let me in?”

 
“I’m getting a bit annoyed about this!  Grrr.”


“OK, so I’m in – can I please go out now?  Yes, I’m female, I can change my mind if I want to…”


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...