Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Suryani ready to face any challenge at the London Games

KUALA LUMPUR: It is all systems go for national shooter Nur Suryani Mohd Taibi with just about a month to go before competing in her first Olympic Games in London.

But the 30-year-old mother-to-be is hoping to have a smooth run up to the Games as she will be eight months pregnant when she shoots in the women’s 10m air rifle preliminaries on July 28 - the first day of competition.

“Preparations going fine and all I’m hoping is that everything goes well for me and the baby,” said Suryani.

Yesterday, chef-de-mission Tun Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid paid a visit to Suryani at the National Sports Council (NSC) shooting range in Bukit Jalil.

“She has been training well and is in the right frame of mind to compete in the Olympics despite her condition.

“I hope this will not be her only participation in the Olympics as she still has time on her side,” said Ahmad Sarji.

Suryani is expected to deliver a baby girl in early September and will be the subject of media attention in London as the most pregnant woman to ever compete in the Olympics.

“I’m not worrying about it as my focus is on my preparations,” said Suryani, who qualified on merit for the Olympics.

“Once there, we have no control over the environment and it is up to me to adapt to whatever situation I have to put up with.”


- THE STAR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...