Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Films

One of the series I am reading at the moment is the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini. It began with the novel 'Eragon'. It's at times like this I'm glad I don't watch films – with the occasional rare exception (I watched 'Breakfast at Tiffany’s' and 'You've got Mail' again at Christmas!) . There was a film of 'Eragon' in 2006 and I think that people who read a book after seeing a film must have their view of the book quite slanted by the characters and plot of the film. Not only are the characters often different from how one might have imagined them on one's own but also the plot is often varied by the screenwriters.

These are the exceptions – the films I have watched and, in some cases, would happily watch again and again:

Breakfast at Tiffany's


Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Dead Poets' Society
Easy Rider
Forrest Gump
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Good Morning, Vietnam
Grand Prix
The Graduate
Groundhog Day
The Hours
Lord of the Rings (after I'd read the books twice)


Love Actually
My Fair Lady
Pretty Woman
Shakespeare in Love


What Women Want
You've Got Mail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...