Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Clocks for Jo

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
                                                                                                    ~ John Archibald Wheeler


When I looked through my blog postings I found that I had quite frequently made reference to Partner-who-loves-tea and her views on time. In particular this post showed how she lives in a world with its own time zone which often bears little or no relation to GMT.



A year later I found a clock in Spesh's house that would suit Partner-who-loves-tea very well.

Now I've come across another one (thanks to Monica who pointed me at Ginny's blog where there a number of humorous clocks).

This is most decidedly a Jo sort of clock...


And a similar one is this...


And this ....


Nowadays she tends not to be so late as she was when I first started going out with her nearly twenty five years ago. So I have achieved something but even then Partner-who-loves-tea was...


But, of all the clocks I've seen this one has to be the most appropriate for Jo...


I love this clock.


It uses the famous poster art of Théophile-Alexandre Steinlen. Le Chat Noir poster was created for what is claimed to be the first ever cabaret club which was opened by impresario Rodolphe Salis in 1881 in the bohemian Montmartre district of Paris.

And here is a clock that really suits me down to the ground!


(If you want to buy any of these clocks, most of them - or similar - are available at Cafe Press ).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...