Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

It's hot

It’s hot. I’m sitting at the dining table using the laptop at eight at night. It’s now dark outside and all I have on are my shorts. Not a pretty sight - but it is hot! Yesterday was 29th September, Michaelmas Day – often regarded as the beginning of autumn. Ironically, the temperature was higher than any Michaelmas since 1895. Today was hotter and tomorrow could be the hottest October day on record. We’re having a summer at last. I’m glad I didn’t put the fans away in the loft for the winter.

And talking of the loft. After doing some gardening in the beautiful weather I then spent a few hours yesterday and today starting to tidy up the loft and get rid of some of the stuff we have stored there. Some trips to the tip and the charity shop will definitely be called for.


This is the point where I access the loft – after having cleared three sacks, a duvet and seven boxes…. You’ll have to imagine how difficult it was to crawl into it before I did that.


This is the rest of the loft. It’s the whole width of the house – about 35 feet - and two boxes deep on either side and one cannot stand up in it – only kneel. It’s a really fun job I’ve taken on. Oh, and in case I didn’t mention it – it’s hot. At the moment you could roast a chicken in the loft without any difficulty.

After complaining about all the rain I’m never satisfied, am I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...