Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Friday My Town Shoot-out – Stairs (or ladders)

I have some brilliant (he said modestly) photos of stairs in a Victorian house we lived in. In black-and-white, they are among the photos in the loft that haven’t been scanned into the computer yet. And you should see my loft – it’s up a ladder and I’m not brilliant at managing those nowadays – at least, not with my hands full. So I’m going to cheat and instead of stairs I’m going to show you some ladders I’ve found recently – after all, they are simply the forerunners of stairs…

A ladder stile - Lleyn peninsula, N Wales


Ladder at the Ambleside Mill on Stock Ghyll (now the Giggling Goose restaurant about which I’ll blog another day)


This climbing frame is called Jacob's Ladder.


Ladder stairs in Otterton Mill, Devon


Notice requesting the public not to use the stairs at Otterton Mill.


Why not visit the link to other bloggers and see what pictures they have chosen?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...