Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday My Town Shoot-out - Hidden niches

This week's FMTSO is hiden niches.  I decided to tackle it from two approaches.

My first is a hidden niche within our house.  This is the right hand base of a desk in the conservatory and the leg of a piano stool that lives by it.  I suspect most people who come wouldn't notice this little corner.


And for the suspicious amongst you - Yes, I admit I did have to dust it before I took the photo!

My other hidden niche is a craft centre and  retail outlet that is hidden away in the tiny village of Brimstage in the middle of The Wirral, Cheshire, on a little side road.  


Brimstage Hall and craft centre is based around a medieval pele or fortified tower.  Almost certainly the original house was a compact, fortified, building of the pele tower type, standing at the centre of a fortified area of some sixty acres, the whole being enclosed within a moat and high embankment.  Expert opinion concerning the date of the original building range from 1175 to 1350.


The retail outlets are in buildings in the form of a square courtyard surrounding a wonderful willow tree.

This is Saqqara, one of the retail outlets.  It has a huge range of beautiful ethnic fashions and irresistible gifts from faraway places.  We always manage to spend money we haven't got when we visit Saqqara.

If you would like to see what hidden niches other members of the gang have found please click on this FMTSO link.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...