Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Abstracts

I’ve been playing at taking abstract photos these last few weeks. Some Hebridean ones appeared on that blog and Helen commented:-
I'm curious - was the second photo intentional or an accident? I take those type of photos by accident quite often, but usually discard them without thinking.

Scriptor Senex said... “All intentional, I'm pleased to say. I've also taken to looking at the whole of large pictures and picking out bits that are out of focus or simply a mix of colours in the corners, away from the main objective.

Helen said... Mmm that is interesting. I shall have to try that sometime.


This is a classic example of what I was talking about. I took a couple of photos of the Chessmen Exhibition poster in the Library coffee shop. Look around the edges. So how about these:-









Would you have been able to guess where they came from without the first photo? (Note that I stretched a couple to make them roughly square.)

I bet you’ve all got dozens of abstracts hidden away in your large format photos.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...