Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Migraines - a gripe

Why does December go so much more quickly than any other month?

As yet have hardly got any presents ready. There are no decorations up, not even the tree. And, to cap it all, my migraines are back. I have been fortunate and for the last year I have hardly had one bad migraine. I've had plenty that started but Sumatripan put paid to those within half an hour or so. Now, just when I need to be as fit as possible, I've had seven successive days of blinding, bang-head-against-the-wall type migraines. I haven't been eating chocolate, cheese or any of my other known triggers. I haven't been over-exerting myself - in fact, the opposite. I've even changed my pillow cases and pillows on a daily basis - a useful tip I learned from someone whose main trigger turned out to be dust mites! Today is the first day without one - touch wood. It's not only the debilitating effect of a week of migraines and the frustration of losing a week's work but it's the annoyance of not knowing why they happen. You would think that modern medicine could find a cause for this illness which costs the nation millions of pounds in lost workdays each year.

That's my gripe for the day. Now back to the subject of Christmas...

Hellllllppppp!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...