Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

European Otters



At Buckfast in Devon they have two European Otters (Lutra lutra) called Sammy and xxx.  I was going to fill in the xxx when Daughter-who-takes-photos reminded me of the girl otter's name but she’s busy at the moment - no doubt she’ll comment at some stage and xxx will once more be christened.


I’m Sammy – I swim round and round and round and round in tiny little circles.


Sometimes I swim clockwise


And sometimes I swim anti-clockwise.


Then sometimes I get out and see what’s going on



Is that a keeper with some food?

My name is xxx  and I sit in the corner watching Sammy acting daft for the tourists.


Sometimes I turn my back on him

 
 I have too much self-respect to act silly




If I go in the water I swim in a straight line for my objective.


And if I were to get annoyed you’d know about it – and I’m not overly pleased about being called xxx!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...